Sachin Patil

Sachin

Free software developer & Emacser

ZTE Blade teardown

In an attempt to unlock RAM from 256MB to 512MB I bricked my ZTE Blade. These are the final snaps before it died. [Here](http://www.modaco.com/topic/339048-guide-flashing-firmware-to-bladelibra-via-windows/) is the method I followed.

Snaps

1.jpg
Figure 1: Motherboard–when outer cover removed
3.jpg
Figure 2: Touch panel
4.jpg
Figure 3: Inner back cover(front view)
5.jpg
Figure 4: Inner back cover(rear view)** You can see speaker at the bottom.
6.jpg
Figure 5: Front cover which encloses touch panel(rear view)** You can see sensor circuitry at the top-left.
7.jpg
Figure 6: Front cover which encloses touch panel(front view).
8.jpg
Figure 7: Buttons.
9.jpg
Figure 8: Motherboard: A closer look.
10.jpg
Figure 9: Motherboard: A closer look(flip side).
11.jpg
Figure 10: Display.
12.jpg
Figure 11: Display with Android logo at boot time.
13.jpg
Figure 12: Display with IDEA provider logo. It doesn’t go any further.

Fortunately, I got another Blade with broken touch screen. I managed to replace the board[Figure 9]. It was an amazing experience and I got all the hardware working :). Out of excitement, I bricked the new hardware too :P but this time it was successfully de-bricked(method-5)