For impatient Geeksphone(Keon) users who want to try the latest version of Boot2Gecko (Firefox-OS), I have compiled an pre-release image.
Its a pre-release version, but works perfectly fine. It is tested on
Geeksphone(Keon v1, model:
Backup existing ROM
- Make sure you have more than 50% battery left.
- Before you flash, make sure to backup an existing ROM.
- Power off the phone.
- Reboot the phone into recovery by pressing
- Go to backup and restore option(Use
Vol UP/DOWNkey to toggle, and
Homesoft key to select an option)
- Now inside ’Backup and Restore’ menu, select backup (first item in the menu)
- This will create a backup of an existing ROM in external SD-card. You also have an option to backup to internal SD-card.
Install (Using GNU/Linux system)
- Download zip and checksum files
Verify the checksum using following command:
md5sum -c image-188.8.131.52-prerelease-keon-v1-2014-03-27.md5
Extract the zip file using:
Visit the directory
- Plug the device using USB data cable
Make sure that ’Remote debugging’ is enabled from
Settings > Device information > More information > Developer > Remote debugging
Flash the image using: